Are you interested in applying modern machine learning and NLP research to tangible real-world problems? Do you enjoy collaborating with an energetic cross-functional team to deliver innovative ML driven experiences to users? We are looking for a strong NLP Engineer to lead a new team focused on NLP and voice across all Presto products.
- Proven track record in building NLP application(s) in production.
- Strong understanding of ML fundamentals.
- Expertise in using ML toolkits like SageMaker, PyTorch, Tensorflow etc.
- Ability to take ownership of product specs and drive them from concept to production rollout.
- Understanding of software design principles including algorithm implementation, optimization & performance tuning, and integration with other production systems.
- Collaborates with multi-functional teams to deliver great product experiences for Presto customers.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in ideating, prototyping, and providing thought leadership.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent field with focus on NLP, ML, AI.
- 4+ years of professional experience in leading a team in in Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning or related field.
- 8+ years overall industry experience in software development.
- Strong understanding of ML in NLP and the ability to translate them into production quality code.
- Expertise in algorithm design and implementation in Python and/or Java.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Passion for writing high-quality production code for building and maintaining scalable machine learning systems.
- Ability to research ML frameworks/technologies and capable of leveraging it in working prototype for adoption recommendations.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.