Has key responsibility for supporting application infrastructure, application deployment, performance tuning and update services. Provides application/system monitoring documentation and troubleshooting services. Works with business units to support applications that reside in the Synovus systems infrastructure. Installs, configures and ensures the reliability of application servers. Responsible for the more complex work and assignments typically required of a Systems Engineer. Acts as a lead on projects and activities of the team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance and upgrade of Synovus physical and virtual server infrastructure.
- Provides technical support to various departments and users with regard to Server Operating Systems, VMware, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, and IBM hardware.
- Works on complex application problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires evaluation and judgment. Evaluates new products . Monitors and controls infrastructure performance in the areas of response, throughput, and availability. Monitors protocol compatibility and performs system tuning and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Works with application owners to outline the installation of applications in the Synovus environment, diagram all network components associated with applications in both production and development.
- Works with business units to outline the installation of the application in the Synovus environment, diagram all hardware associated to the application both in production and development, to architect current application systems, relay detailed documentation / suggestions to the business units for upgrades as well as to design disaster recovery plans.
- Plans large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Implements identified solutions, makes suggestions for ensuring a cost effective and efficient infrastructure environment.
- Identifies troublesome trends and develops plans designed to resolve problems and prevent reoccurrence.
- Responsible for vendor management and coordination; oversees escalated matters and works closely with vendors to bring issues to resolution. Participates in tool and vendor evaluations. Measure service levels and monitors performance against SLAs.
- Provides work leadership and training to lower level network engineers.
- Point of contact for network projects to include maintaining communication with the customer, vendor, and the project manager.
- Provides on-call support for network engineering.
- May lead the activities or work of the team. Provide leadership and direction to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. May provide input on interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, and resolving problems.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Financial Industry Experience
- CCNA, CISSP or CCIE
- Windows shell, and scheduled/automated task management
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
Minimum Experience: 10 years of IT work experience in infrastructure/network environments performing network engineering (hardware and/or software), design, planning and implementation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Requires expert knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, networks, Windows Operating Systems, DNS, DHCP, VMware ESX, Red Hat, SUSE Linux and other various applications
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and development of applications.
- Experience with graphical remote management tools, command line applications,