We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best.
Lead Motor Sensor Engineer
Lead Motor Sensor Engineer:
- Responsible for specification of motor and sensors to suppliers.
- Responsible for release of motor and sensor components.
- Responsible for reviewing and making decisions on test results such as EMC, NVH of motor.
- Work closely with electronics, software and actuation mechanisms to ensure design of motors and sensor can meet system and customer requirements.
- Responsible for correlating algorithm simulation to physical data to mature analytical assumptions.
- Mentor junior level control engineers.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical / Electronic with 10 years development of motors in automotive powertrain and/or drivetrain products.
- Experience in development and validation of various low-voltage motors (Brushed or Brushless DC) in automotive environment.
- Experience with motor design tools like Speed.
- Experience with magnets and magnetic analysis tools like Maxwell.
- Experience with power electronics to drive motors.
- Experience with sensor technologies as pertains to feedback control for motor.
- Knowledge of mechatronic systems in drivetrain and/or powertrain environment.
- Have worked with supplier and/or customers on development and manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of APQP process.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.