Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The LEAD MOBILE DEVELOPER Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for a Lead Mobile Developer to be responsible for building and maintaining Sunnova’s mobile applications. This individual will lead a team of mobile developers that will collaborate closely with leaders, product managers, user experience experts, and other technology colleagues to design and build the next generation of native iOS and Android apps for Sunnova’s customers and dealers.
LEAD MOBILE DEVELOPER Responsibilities
- Provides technical leadership throughout the mobile application development lifecycle (proof of concept, design, development, test, deployment, and support)
- Hires, coaches, and inspires a team of mobile developers that work on separate projects and scrum teams
- Liaises with product management, business stakeholders, scrum team, and other developers to deeply understand requirements and suggest solutions
- Performs hands-on dev tasks as an individual contributor
- Troubleshoots and debugs to optimize performance
- Researches and suggests new mobile architectures, applications, and protocols
- Continuously refines the mobile development pipeline (e.g., dev processes, environment management, testing strategy, CI/CD processes)
- Participates in daily stand-ups, works closely with scrum master, business analysts, architects, senior developers, and QA testers on projects and supports delivery timelines and priorities.
- Responsible for designing, documenting, and presenting solutions to senior leaders in IT.
- Solves problems independently with limited supervision.
- Works effectively in a matrix environment where 1) day-to-day tasks are determined and executed on agile/scrum team under the leadership of a scrum master and 2) career development and coaching, goal setting, performance evaluations and issue escalation are coordinated through a separate manager.
FLSA Status: exempt
Reports to: Enterprise Solution Architect
- Education required: Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, software engineering, information systems or business, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum years of experience required: 4-6 years of mobile development
- Expert level knowledge of at least one programming language commonly used in mobile app development, such as React Native, Swift, Objective C, Java, or C++
- Experience leading other developers and being accountable for their contributions (e.g., either as a manager, lead developer or project manager)
- Experience with both iOS and Android development platforms
- Ability to influence technical design decisions, articulate tradeoffs, and make recommendations on high level architecture
- Ability to perform code reviews
- Ability to identify opportunities for technical improvements across multiple processes or functional areas, recommend solutions, and advocate for implementation
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Open office environment
- Some overtime required
- Houston, TX or Remote
- Relocation assistance is available dependent on the candidate
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston