Working as a part of a team, this position:
- Contributes to the cybersecurity design aspects of medical device product development projects which includes evaluating and recommending changes to product design to mitigate potential cybersecurity risk.
- Supports project execution by interfacing with our client’s product focused team and Battelle’s assigned project execution team.
- Supports business development opportunities with existing and new clients by interfacing with product security department leaders to plan and scope projects or consulting services to meet their needs.
- Supports the preparation, and/or presentation of proposals, work products, and project deliverables to our clients.
- Participates in conferences, workshops, and panels to support Battelle’s marketing efforts.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree and 10 - 15 years applicable experience, OR
- M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree and 8 - 10 years applicable experience, OR
- PhD in computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree and 5 - 8 years of applicable experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience related to embedded or application software for medical devices
- Strong understanding of embedded system functional components (Bootloader, chain of trust, operating systems) and knowledgeable of their different levels of functionality
- Strong understanding of standard communication protocols (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, BLE), and can speak to the high-level security challenges associated with each
- Knowledge of cybersecurity for embedded systems, with an understanding of the cybersecurity issues and common solutions for the different layers of embedded and connected systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, and a problem solver who works well both alone and with a team
- Background in programming/security research
- Experience in Defense Programming and Defensive Design techniques
- Experience with various security tools for auditing security of a system (IDA, Nessus, Wireshark, Kali, Fuzzers, etc.)
- Experience in task management, planning and leading activities