Description: Job Title: Lead, Mechanical EngineerJob Code: SAS20213011-73430Job Location: Columbia, MDJob Description:
Mechanical Engineer who enjoys working in a highly talented integrated product development team towards the common goal of new technology creation and production of custom electronic systems for a variety of US Government customers at our Columbia, MD location.Essential Functions:
- Collaborate on the hardware packaging aspect of product design from concept through manufacturing. Actively participate in the design and manufacture of hybrid circuits, the mechanical design aspects of printed wiring board, flexible circuit and surface-mount technology boards, tools and fixtures and various high precision machined parts.
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches. Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Work is guided by individual annual goals and objectives with minimal oversight or direction. Frequently responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees across the Company within area of expertise. Frequently responsible for managing large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross-functional teams
- Communicates within and outside of the organization which include customers or vendors. Works to influence others to accept individual or team's views or practices and changes to concepts, practices and approaches. Communicates with leadership regarding matters of importance to the functional or business area. May conduct briefings with leaders
- Assists with design of complex and compact electronics packaging.
- Assist with the design if electronics chassis, chassis components, and electro-mechanical systems and components including 3D printing.
- Perform electronic and mechanical fabrication and assembly
- Create solid models utilizing 3D parametric modeling software and create design documentation utilizing GD&T per ASME Y14.5.
- Applies electrical, electronic, and mechanical principles to components and systems, including assembly, analysis, and documentation of results
- Modeling of developmental assemblies, sub-assemblies, and components.
- Works under direction. Collaborates to determine and develop approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 9+ years with Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Physics from and accredited college or university. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- Clearance TS/SCI
- Solidworks, AutoCAD or Creo Experience