Description: Job Title: Lead, Mechanical EngineeringJob Code: MEP5Job Location: Somerville, MAJob Description:
Leads the Mechanical Engineering Design Team to create novel designs, layouts, prototypes, drawings and documentation for electromechanical marine and sub-sea equipment. Uses Computer Aided Design (CAD) software (Solidworks) to generate design drawings and documentation for sheet metal, injection molds and electromechanical assemblies. Performs thermal analysis, buoyancy analysis, FEA, CFD and other analyses to meet design requirements.Essential Functions:
- Supporting design effort by performing mechanical engineering analysis to establish validity of proposed designs.
- Capable of developing working designs using 3D computer aided design tools
- Performing and documenting structural, fluidic and thermal analysis utilizing classical techniques and finite element analysis to establish the validity of proposed designs.
- Performing modal shock and vibration analysis.
- Leading design reviews to demonstrate that design meets all specifications and customer requirements.
- Supporting the creation of technical performance specifications and assist in procurement of engineering items as necessary.
- Preparing and reviewing design documentation in accordance with contract requirements and/or internal standards.
- Contributing to technical proposal efforts as part of a program capture team.
- Performing estimates for staffing and other resource factors for related tasks.
- Able to work independently and check/verify work performed by less senior mechanical engineers.
- Able to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
- Travel and work off-site at another location may be required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Technology or other related discipline and 9+ years of engineering experience
- Experience having the autonomy to make or influence decisions on a program without needing significant guidance or supervision.
- Fluency using computer tools; Solidworks and Solidworks simulation.
- Ability to perform classical calculations and interpret convergence data to validate FEA results.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to access U.S. Classified information
- Capable of some domestic and international travel
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- 5% travel
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Military Specifications preferred.