$150K — $200K *
• Works closely with the Infrastructure Facilities Lead in planning and implementing all work processes.
• Ability to lead and guide the production of construction documents for major infrastructure facility projects including effectively communicating the criteria to the project team and monitoring its compliance through the QC program.
• Develops and presents lead technical viewpoint on projects and ensures KIE systems are used to deliver the design in a standardized manner. Ensures that a technical solution, consistent with the program and design is properly developed and produced.
• Prepare and document required code compliance and material and product research
• Review RFP documents and prepare estimates of the mechanical systems and write mechanical system narratives for estimating and project proposals
• Develop cost-effective designs, to enable the company, to win profitable work in a highly competitive building design environment
• Create construction documents, drawings and specifications for building related mechanical systems
• Perform calculations for sizing of systems, and selection of equipment
• Execute work in a team environment, coordinating with multiple design disciplines
• Perform quality checks on the deliverables, to ensure their conformance with the contract and project requirements
• Support the construction process by responding to RFI’s during construction, reviewing and approving shop drawings, and supporting project completion and turn-over
• Participate in site visits to review installations and develop punch lists
• Mentor less experienced engineers
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
• Licensed engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ of experience in preparing design documents for HVAC, plumbing systems and fire protection systems
• Proficient in creating detailed calculations for HVAC load modeling, psychometric analysis, hydronic systems, ductwork and pipe sizing
• Experienced with building modeling software such as Trane Trace 700 or Carrier HAP
• Verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical memos and papers, and present technical topics.
• Has overall responsibility for coordination with sub-consultants and reviews
• Supervises work of less experienced architects and team members. Responsible for all project work planning and scheduling.
• Assists with the promotion, discipline, performance review, work allocation, training and mentoring of staff.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Project Management and Scheduling software
• Experience with ASHRAE Standards
• Experience with all North American building design codes (International Mechanical code, International Fuel Gas code, International Plumbing code, International Building Code, International Energy Conservation code, and NFPA codes, ect)
Valid through: 4/23/2021
$150K — $200K
10 days ago