DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes engineering responsibility for module or subsystem design from concept design through manufacturing transfer for tools used in manufacturing and service.
- Responsible for adherence to an internal development process in all stages of the design cycle.
- Manages third-party development of projects ranging from 3-6 full time off-site engineers.
- Understands methods relating to clean product design, for use in a class1000 cleanroom.
- Provides a necessary background and performs analysis design for manufacturability in low volume products and tools, and design for configuration management.
- Generates module or system concepts to meet product requirements.
- Qualifies designs using production modules and facilities.
- Manages a project plan including key deliverables, timeline, and budget.
- Drives full documentation of design including, BOM, drawings, and procedures.
- Develops verification and qualification test plans and executes to those plans.
- Supports development activities using the Product Development Process including concept reviews, design reviews, proto builds, pilot builds, verification testing, etc., with records and completion of all open action items.
- Leads dFMEA and pFMEA exercises.
- Responsible for the research and selection of new suppliers with potential for turn-key provision of key subsystems. Responsible for providing technical expertise in the core technology area of the potential suppliers to reveal best design path and performance and cost from future subsystem purchases.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning, and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner. Processes purchase requisitions, purchase change orders, and requests for quotes to suppliers.
- Works closely with a team of internal engineers in an effort to embitter the entire team.
- Interacts with cross-functional staff including engineers, scientists, manufacturing, suppliers, and QA to resolve quality issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Experience with creativity in solving complex design problems.
- Experience in 3D/solid modeling; Siemens NX/TC desired.
- Experience with engineering development processes; scope definition, conceptualization, design reviews, bills of materials, manufacturing documentation, assembly documentation, configuration documentation, qualification test development, etc.
- Experience writing proper engineering requirements
- Applies knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Travel within and outside the US may be required
Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Experience in designing, fabrication, and testing of capital equipment tools.
- Previous experience with Semiconductor industry desired.
- Experience with product development required.