Summary of Position
This position is responsible for collaborating with the business and Master Data Stewards to define and deliver enterprise Master Data Management (MDM) which meet the strategic data objectives of the company. The position is responsible for providing accurate and timely data as it relates to assigned data domain and assists in defining the MDM framework.
The incumbent typically reports to the Manager, Master Data.
The following accountabilities are to be carried out in a manner consistent with the spirit and philosophy outlined in The Andersons’ Statement of Principles:
1. Respond effectively to the diverse business needs and objectives while ensuring consistency with overall data objectives and company policies.
2. Assist the delivery of MDM Governance and maintain Business Data Standards. This entails gaining input from the appropriate business users, data architect, domain architects, and data owners to provide guidelines and recommend policy changes to the Master Data Manager.
3. Knowledgeable in Winshuttle workflow, forms and scripting.
4. Provides guidance to the Master Data Stewards.
5. Partner with business, rule owners, and application developers to develop an understanding of business processes, analyze business information requirements and apply MDM rules to support the enterprise data strategy.
6. Suggest changes to support additional MDM requirements.
7. Analyze and report on data quality and effectiveness which includes SLAs.
8. Respond and provide requested data for profiling, audits and other projects.
9. Provide support and consulting for daily MDM operations to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of MDM operations.
10. Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills to provide root cause analysis of data quality issues and resolve issues related to system design, process flow and software configuration.
11. Maintain required level of proficiency in all software and related procedures and utilities used in the Data Governance department.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, IT, or other related field is required.
Experience: 3-5 years in an accounting, data entry, or related field. Master data experience and SAP experience preferred. Winshuttle experience a plus. Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
Additional Skills: Problem solving to include ability to understand processes and data interaction. Detail orientation and accuracy. Partner with the business and rule owners driving to solutions. Business understanding and implications of decisions.