PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Lead Manager, Investment & Research Liaison leads the team supporting all stages of the client life cycle by managing investment-related, operational activities on behalf of Investments. The Lead Manager consults with managers throughout Investment Operations and Investments to identify emerging trends and uses business experience and judgment to implement strategies to meet service expectations. The incumbent influences policies and processes by representing Investments on enterprise committees (eg. GIPS Operating Committee, Data Governance). The position manages a variety of complex issues and requests, including overseeing the resolution of business issues involving compliance and risk management. The incumbent develops resource allocation strategies and manages to operational and market data services budgets.
- The Lead Manager is closely aligned by asset class or complex investment strategy with Investments to assist in meeting divisional objectives. Through consultation with key stakeholders in Investments and Distribution, translates business trends and challenges into actionable plans for Investment and/or Research Liaison teams. The Lead Manager negotiates with Investments and Distribution to balance client demands with operational limitations.
- The Lead Manager proactively communicates updates, issues, critical client requirements and project plans to Quant and Operational teams and leads cross-functional teams to ensure time-sensitive objectives are met. Influences prioritization, provides resources for testing, and ensures scalability across the team. Continually negotiates with all parties to recommend and/or determine alternative solutions. Exercises discretion and influences other as appropriate. Is responsible for most negotiations independently, yet understands when to elevate or involve key stakeholders or Sr. Manager.
- The Lead Manager provides direct supervision to highly-skilled individual contributors and to managers on the Investment & Research Liaison team. The incumbent is responsible for translating strategic guidance provided by the Sr. Manager into actionable plans for their team to meet stated objectives using departmental metrics. The Lead Manager is responsible for aligning resources appropriately to meet business needs, ensuring appropriate training for direct reports to be successful in achieving their personal goals, and executing development plans to build talent for the organization.
- Develops strategy, analyzes risk and assesses the impact of implementing new products, securities, and related processed from an operational perspective while working with other impacted groups.
- In collaboration with otherInvestment & Research Liaison Lead Managers, develops policies and procedures to ensure adherence to business rules, compliance, and other regulatory obligations like GIPS certification.
- The Lead Manager provides business management reports to relevant senior managers to demonstrate overall performance and efficiency of group. Manages to resource, operating and market data services budgets.
- College degree and 4 years of related work experience, or
- Associatedegree and 6 years of related work experience, or
- High school diploma/equivalent and 8years of related work experience.
- Thorough understanding of investment principles, existing industry standards and requirements
- High-level understanding of regulatory bodies and implications on investments
- Highly skilled at quickly assessing a situation in a dynamic environment and simultaneously dealing with multiple issues to effectively use time and available resources to meet tight deadlines
- Solid change leadership skills – ability to understand the mechanics of a change and the impact to the individual
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills and the ability to separate emotions from fact to deliver results and propose alternative and/or creative solutions
- Adept at managing conflict and anticipating issues and service needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong consultative skills and demonstrated ability to influence others
- Personal maturity in stressful situations – maintains composure under when faced with shifting or conflicting priorities, resources, or work demands, demonstrates resilience and flexibility
- Client-focused orientation.
- Experienced in coaching/mentoring and motivating staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management
- Ability to navigate the organization effectively, working with associates of varying technical and investment knowledge levels
- 7+ years of investment support, operations, or related industry experience
- 5+ years management experience, including budgeting and resource allocation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related degree
- Claritas or CFA Charterholder
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer