PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Lead Manager (LM), Digital Platform Analytics serves as a Web Analytics subject matter expert in tracking, reporting, and analyzing Web site and related digital data for more than 20 applications across a broad spectrum of B2B, B2C, B2E, internal and external site types. The LM is often involved with the business partner before initiation of analytical efforts in the conceptualization phase. The LM acts to understand business goals and objectives and maps them against metrics and measurement capabilities. The LM is responsible for clarifying and validating the business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services or optimized business processes. They also work closely with GBS&T to bridge the technical strategy with the business strategy and may provide consultancy in digital measurement strategy and planning, workflow and process design, and product development. The LM also acts as lead to other marketing analysts in large, complex, and potentially cross-segment analysis projects; as consultants to other analysis project teams and clients; and as auditor of documents and models produced by other marketing analysts. The LM is an active participant in all phases of the analytical lifecycle and will be required to work closely with a variety of internal and external business partners.
Applies expert knowledge of web analytics concepts, tools, and ‘best practice’ techniques for reporting and analysis to build and sustain trusted partnerships and relationships across business and technical functions and external organizations. Interacts with marketers and analysts across all USIS segments to understand problems and opportunities as well as to communicate ideas, strategies and solutions. Represents the business needs in further phases of analytical projects identified in conceptualization. Facilitates communications between GBS&T and the Segment Insight Leaders and Segment Analysts. Defines the analytic solution scope and develops the business case to justify the investment necessary to deliver a proposed solution for marketing analyses and digital marketing capability development such as SEO and online testing and targeting processes. Incorporates understanding of the business architecture of the organization being analyzed including the organizational structure and relationships that exist between business units to provide guidance on project approach, potential solutions to various project, and problems and opportunities. Stays abreast of business strategy and needs and technology leveraged by the business channels they support and leverage that information in support of the business. Proactively monitors industry trends (both financial and software).
Act as lead on any size analytical project, directing and coordinating team members responsible for requirements activities impacting web analytics data collection, configuration, publishing, and reporting. Provides subject matter expertise and best practices on the use of web analytics tools; often developing reporting dashboards and identifying Key Performance Indicators(s). Uses high level business, product and system knowledge to ensure that overall project schedule and priorities are in line with process and system dependencies and design. Assists in the development of staffing requirements and resource needs for solution efforts and recommends skill sets that should be represented based on the nature and scope of the project. Assists others in requirements planning and management of large scale digital analytics projects. Oversight and coordination of requirements gathering, and other analyst related aspects of the analysis process, across projects within a specific business channel, product or technology, or within a specific project that spans multiple business channels. Helps business partners identify and clarify their goals and solution requirements. Validates requirements elicited match the stakeholder’s understanding of the problem and stakeholder needs on high complexity projects. Uses appropriate tools, techniques and methods to progressively elaborate and analyze requirements on highly complex projects. Communicates business needs with CMI Segment Insight Leaders and GBS&T to determine alignment between business needs and infrastructure capabilities.
Provides consultancy and advice on web analytics functionality, applicability and usability of solutions (process and/or technology) to USIS Marketing. Analyzes web analytics data to evaluate site effectiveness and identify actionable opportunities for optimization. Recognizes and manages business trade-offs and market pressures.
Reviews requirements for multiple projects, ensures that documentation is consistent and falls within the standards of the SDM. Mentors analysts on SDM best practices, marketing analysis tools, industry knowledge. Evaluates trends and metrics from production support/application management to help guide the business on future projects and initiatives. Evaluates post deployment issues and success to apply best practices to future initiatives.
- College degree and 4 years of related work experience, or Associatedegree and 6 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 8years related work experience.
- Experiencewith Adobe Analytics SiteCatalyst and functions/ features such as:
- Firm understanding of traffic (prop), conversion (eVar) and events
- Creating segments; data mining using segmentation
- Dashboard and workspace creation
- Create Targets, calendar events and alerts
- Experience using Adobe Analytics browser debugging tools
- Traffic Exclusion Rules & Impacts of Report Suite rules (implications of multi-suite tagging)
- Possess expert knowledge of the subject matter of web analysis and web analytic applications
- Expert level skills in at least one of the following 4 disciplines:
Web Analytics database dimensions and metrics: Must have a general understanding of databasedesign, querying principles, and web analytics data structures. Must be able to translate requirements into specifications for partner DBA’s
Web Analytics Publishing and ReportTemplate Frameworks: Must understand and have performed data validation exercises, building data visualizations, and worked with spreadsheets and statistical models
Analyze Data and Identify Actionable Insights: Must have experience with investigating large data stores for findings oriented around web visitors, visits, success events, customer experience, and content purpose. Must have previous experience developing methods to quantify visitor value, score and index traffic quality, and present this information to various audiences in a consumable manner. Must have demonstrated strong relationship building skills
- Solid experience with Page Tag Concepts
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. macros & VBA)
- Demonstrated experience in advanced strategic business visioning and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to the most complex problems and recommend the best solution to the business and project team
- Ability to apply acquired knowledge from prior experience effectively in new and complex situations
- Demonstrated advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to meet with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyze system specifications and requirements, work closely with developers and testers in the fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in team environment
- Experience with Adobe Insights (previously Visual Sciences) web analytics software , Adobe Test and Target, and/or Adobe Tag Manager
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization techniques and strategies
- Experience with DatabaseArchitecture in a Web Environment
- Business Intelligence Experience
- Understanding of Network Traffic Flows
- Prior experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Proficiency in querying languages such as SQL
- Prior experience with enterprise reporting solutions such as business objects, cognos, crystal reports
- Experience with best practices around page performance and optimizations for mobile and desktop ex. Google tools, Dynatrace, TeaLeafTen years of relevant experience working with solutions lifecycle development methodology