PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Execute Channel processes and frameworks that enhance USI’s ability to identify market opportunities aligned with the products and value T Rowe Price can deliver on in both short (next 12 months) and longer term (12 mos. +) horizons.
Broadly this position will deliver Channel and/or Account based marketing plans that ensure alignment between USI’s Sales and Product & Marketing organizations then monitor the organization’s performance against the plans and the ever changing market environment to drive optimal sales and profits to T. Rowe Price within their assigned business Channel and/or Accounts.
To successfully align Channel Sales, Service and USI Product & Marketing it is critical that the Lead Manager, Channel Marketing engage and influence each of these organizations independently and in coordination. This is accomplished through leading and/or participation in operating model endorsed team meetings, working groups, programs and projects.
Market Assessments: Channel and assigned Key Accounts
- Monitors industry, market and distribution partner activities with an eye for both short and longer term opportunities and threats
- Identify and prioritize target audiences, e.g., segmentation
- Annual (or as market insights emerge) review of segmentation and target audience characteristics within the channel - document POV and recommendations for Channel Marketing Head
- Steward the USI Value Proposition while identifying timely and relevant client needs to guide offer and content development
Marketing Plans: Channel and/or assigned Key Accounts
- Manage process and define and/or influence strategies for execution
- Documentation at Channel/Tiers (when multiple channels/tiers exist) and Key Account within annual/quarterly updated marketing plans
- Ensure common template and processes are utilized to advance best practices throughout USI and ensure integration into broader USI business planprocesses and documentation
- Annual POV on ideas (Offers, Products, Partnerships, Technologies) for implementation or incubation using 3 Horizon framework
- Annually, or as market insights emerge, review alignment of value proposition within each business channel - document Offer POV and recommendations for build, maintain, modify or decommission Offer
Facilitating USI Sales and Product & Marketing Alignment/Integration: Managing and participating in a range of engagement mechanisms (meetings, reviews, reporting) to ensure full USI Product & Marketing Operating Model is working most effectively
- Works closely with Sales (internal and external) to ensure alignment and integration. Partners with USI Product & Marketing departments to ensure readiness for execution and prioritization of resources.
- Establish and monitor a process to ensure effective engagement, alignment and integration
- Client relationship management of prioritized “marketing” contacts
- Input to Key Account annual business plans - document and meeting(s) with key internal and external stakeholders
- Quarterly reviews and update of annual key account business plans including assessment of identified KPI's - document and meeting(s) with key stakeholders
- Relationship management to sales and national accounts teams, critical and time consuming effort that ensures organizational and leadership alignment for channel marketing plans and priorities
- Educate Product & Marketing teams so they are prepared to execute
- Define sales communication process by Channel and/or Accounts
- Define the measures and metrics insupport of the Channel and/or Account Marketing Plans
- Establish and monitor a process to ensure effective engagement, alignment and integration.
- Support the identification of the primary Objectives, Goals, and Strategies (OGSM) in support of the Marketing Plans- document and meeting(s) with key stakeholders
- Quarterly reviews of performance measures with key stakeholders, reassess OGSM as appropriate
- Request updates to dashboards and data/information requirements as necessary
- College degree and 4 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 6 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 8 years related work experience
- Strong influencing skills as this position is primarily integrating and aligning priorities amongst the broader USI marketing and sales organizations including common understanding of target market needs/requirements, delivering on the USI value proposition and effectively prioritizing relative to limited resources
- Intellectually curious seeking to understand current market dynamics as well as trends that will affect future horizons. Emerging ability to translate points of view developed into actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and challenge stakeholders (leadership, peers, subordinate associates) effectively to advance consideration and debate of alternative points of view along with stewarding the USI Value Proposition
- Analytical skills to study, analyze and synthesize research and reports
- Solid presentation skill delivering to smaller groups (around the table) to larger groups from a stage/podium
- Series 7 or ability to obtain within six months of employment.
- MBA or MBA candidate
- Experience working in financial services organizations
- Experience working within an asset management or insurance company
- Relationship management experience (internal or with external clients)