As Lead Localization Manager, you'll be in charge of maintaining our tone of voice in every language while also ensuring we respect our customers' cultural preferences and mores. With the 20+ languages we already support, you'll be fundamental to Spotify's success around the world.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the stakeholders in the business, product and marketing organizations to build a cost-efficient localization strategy that delivers timely and high-quality translations.
- Develop and maintain the requirements and processes for content translation.
- Provide the localization strategy for product and marketing initiatives.
- Source translations. Create forecasts on incoming work and build a pool of resources that match (both internal and vendors).
- Manage vendor and internal translation quality.
- Manage the vendor relationships.
- Give input to budget and follow up on costs related to translations.
- Coach and lead a high-performing team comprising 4 Localization Managers and 1 QA Lead.
- Report to the Product Design Director for Growth Opportunities.
- Work from Spotify's office in New York
Who you are
- 5+ years experience in content and/or UX localization.
- 5+ years vendor management experience.
- Experience engaging with teams cross-functionally.
- Creative as well as strategic thinker who can demonstrate strong organization and management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Passion for building teams and developing talent.