JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers with close to a 1000 stores and jcp.com. We are a diverse community of people, all working together to bring sensational style, sensible prices and the best service possible to our customers. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to work in an energetic, respectful, collaborative environment. With a wide array of jobs, internships, training and more, there are countless opportunities for you to grow your career with us.
Critical Skills & Experiences:
- 10 years or more of Linux Experience - Red Hat (RHEL) / Oracle (UEK) - 6.x or 7.x – Building, Security Hardening, Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting.
- 2-3 years of AIX 6.x and 7.x - Building, Security Hardening, Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting.
- 2-3 years of Solaris 10 - Building, Security Hardening, Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting
- Migration of apps from Solaris & AIX platform
- 2 years working knowledge in building and troubleshooting on Oracle RAC Cluster on virtual systems.
- 1 year working knowledge in building and troubleshooting on Red Hat Clusters on virtual systems.
- 2-3 years’ Experience in working with Venter virtual servers, migrating hosts and data stores, creating servers via cloning or by iso image.
- Familiar with different monitoring tools (Splunk, Wily, Team quest, Net cool, etc.)
- Familiar with filesystems gfs2 (Linux) and gpfs (AIX)
- Scripting abilities, (Perl, bash, python, etc.)
- Experience in Oracle Space Walk and/or Red Hat Satellite for patching automation.
- Providing team leadership and mentoring junior members of the team
- Developing project resource estimates
- Evaluating and recommending emerging technologies
- Managing problem resolution and escalations
- Communicating and collaborating to stakeholders and team members
- Analyzing trends to provide predictive/proactive root cause analysis
- Researching and recommending alternative actions for problem resolution with minimal direction
- Participating in system testing and implementation of components
- Ensuring functional and technical integrity of infrastructuredesigns