CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
CDM Smith is seeking an experienced and talented Lead Learning and Instructional Design Specialist to join its Corporate University team. This position will create learning programs built on sound instructional design practices and adult learning theories.
The successful candidate should have experience in designing innovative programs that translate into content that is engaging with a measurable impact on the business. You will partner with business leaders across the global enterprise to drive best in class approaches to creating and maintaining learning opportunities. This role has a focus on programs related to leadership and talent development initiatives. Collaborating withothers on the CDM Smith University team, you will share best practices, partner on projects, improve processes and contribute to the suite of learning programs for CDM Smith employees globally.
This position does not have direct management responsibility.
Ideally, this role will be in Boston, MA but we are open to someone in one of our East Coast office locations.
• Develops learning solutions while consulting with managers and various stakeholders across the firm to identify training goals, education outcomes and that support the improvement and development of employee performance.
• Designs programs with an eye toward impact on performance, utilizing best practices to measure business impact.
• Leads and executes learning and development projects, deploying consulting skills to determine appropriate solutions, that include various education delivery modalities including performance support, individual courses, live classroom experiences, blended learning and other performance support tools.
• Applies knowledge of instructional design theory to the development of course content, working with subject matter experts, management, etc.
• Works with minimal supervision.
• Works closely with direct manager and CDM Smith University Leadership to improve processes and/or identify opportunities for improvement.
• Facilitates roundtables discussions, senior-level meetings and delivers online and in-classroom learning experiences with staff across the firm.
• Acts as a mentor for the other members of the CDM Smith University Team.
Education: Master's degree in education, instructional design, training and development, organization development or behavioral psychology.
Experience: 8 years of related experience
• Experience with developing senior-level and or leadership development programs.
• Demonstrates consulting skills with stakeholders on large scale learning and development initiatives.
• Experience measuring and reporting on business impact of leadership development
• Strong consulting, facilitation, presentation and coaching skills, with ability to influence senior leaders in a global, highly-matrix environment
• Experience in the professional services industry, science, engineering or project management-based firm
• Certifications in relevant topics including coaching or assessment.