As the Lead Key City Analyst, you will help the team make decisions that will drive performance, directly leading to the accomplishment of annual goals. You will support leadership to help drive insights and will be the point person on understanding the business.
You will apply various data modeling techniques to mine data for the identification of trends that suggest new business opportunities. You will serve as an evangelist for the power of predictive/ prescriptive analysis. You will think broadly and creatively about the role of analytics at Nike and about how your work can be used to inspire the broader organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Statistics or a related field (an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree). MS/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on business reporting and analytics required.
- Strong technical and analytical skillset required. Proficient in data wrangling and cleansing, optimization, simulation, and statistical analysis
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, apply relevant techniques, and perform rigorous analyses quickly and consistently
- Experience, interest, and adaptability to working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts to senior and business audiences
- Strong project management experience managing multiple project streams and delivering results across cross-functional teams. Propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented manner
- Expert skill level in Excel and SQL as well as familiarity with R, SAS, or Python. Comfortable in Cognos. Tableau and familiarity with big data environments is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools quickly and independently
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships across a multi-layered organization required
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred
- Familiarity with Nike product types and how they are marketed and distributed to accounts is strongly preferred