The Term Lending & Securitization team supports the ongoing development and deployment of applications that support the customer onboarding, fulfillment and servicing processes for Mortgages and Term Lending nationally.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Lead Java Programmer Analyst (Lead Programmer Analyst) will design and develop complex components as part of a development team. The Lead Programmer Analyst will create shippable code early, and often, based on end user needs and feedback.
The Lead Programmer Analyst is expected to collaborate with team members, business sponsors and the product owner; plus utilize Agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with product’s vision.
• Iteratively design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance high quality software solutions.
• Create robust, high volume applications that are highly scalable and extensible.
• Participate as technical consultant in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new / packaged solutions or significant enhancements to existing applications to deliver the best possible application performance.
• Contribute clear and maintainable code to a shared codebase.
• Participate in Agile ceremonies, estimating, tasking, status and stand-up meetings.
• Adopt / evolve team development practices such as coding standards, formal refactoring techniques, automated testing, continuous integration, etc…
• Partner with, welcome input and provide feedback to team members / business sponsors / testers / product owner in order to deliver optimal solutions and build in a continuous improvement mindset.
• Provides thought-leadership to fellow team members and stakeholders across business and technical project dimensions solving complex programming issues.
• Act as coach and mentor to junior development staff.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must have at least 5 years of hands-on technical working experience with mid- or middle-tier development.
• Must have at least 4 years of advanced technical working experience with systems analysis, object oriented design & Java development.
• Must have demonstrated technical working experience with RESTful API, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, React & AngularJS.
• Must have demonstrated strong working experience in integrating with relational databases (e.g., MS SQL Server or DB2 LUW).
• Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused, attentive to details, and a team player.
• Must possess strong communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills to build and foster relationships with team members and peers.
• Innovative approaches to developing process improvements and solutions; ability to convey and promote these ideas.
• Working experience in an Agile environment is an asset.
• Working understanding of information security is an asset.
• Working experience implementing Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines is an asset.
• Working experience with public / private cloud; microservices & DevOps is an asset.
University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related technical field.
Requisition ID: 20868