The Investor Information Delivery team is responsible for enabling Wellington’s Investment teams by providing solutions for advanced portfolio reporting, analysis, and risk management. The team plays a critical role in our firm’s success by providing innovative solutions for highly complex and critical investment decision-making processes. We are seeking a strong hands-on technical lead with excellent communication and problem-solving skills. This job involves hands-on focus, attention to detail, ability to innovate, ability to work in fast-paced settings, pride in workmanship, and a sense of ownership. Financial services experience is a plus, not a requirement.
- Lead team of Wellington engineers and consultants to deliver solutions for improving the investment workflow.
- Interact with Systems Analysts and Investment professionals at all levels of the organization to proactively identify opportunities for new/improved systems to improve the investment process.
- Provide implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to) interactive reporting and data analysis, investment process efficiency, and simplifying investor work flow.
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer and application lead supporting complex application development life cycles
- Experience managing small teams including offshore members
- Very strong command of Java technologies including a deep understanding of concurrent programming concepts and the java memory model
- Solid high-level understanding of current technology landscape including the current players in UI, mobile, the cloud, databases, big data, caching, and security
- Working knowledge of standard java frameworks and libraries including Spring, JAXB, Jersey, Jackson, Apache Commons, etc.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Working knowledge of SQL and SQL performance tuning. Direct experience with Oracle is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a strong plus
- Experience with java UIs including Swing, AWT, and eclipse RCP framework is a strong plus.
- Must be comfortable with test driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering, sciences, or related field.
- Experience in Financial Industry and esp. with Portfolio Analysis Tools is preferred
- Strong understanding of Equity, Fixed Income, and Derivative Instruments is highly desirable