Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of engineers to deliver product features and projects.
- Work with product team to translate functional requirements/ user stories into well-structured and maintainable code within the Hyla’s design/architectural guidelines
- Develop unit, integration test cases as well as adhere to development best practices to develop code with low tech debt, high code coverage, and lower complexity.
- Operate in an agile development environment & deliver functionality to production every three weeks
- Collaborate with QA and DevOps teams to ensure overall engineering output is of high standards.
- Do a technical evangelist serve as the champion of development best practices including application of design patterns, functional programming ideas, reactive programming ideas, code quality, test coverage etc.
- Mentor junior team members
- Participate and provide architecture and engineering inputs for technical initiatives championed within the organization
- Help evaluate solutions/tools and help decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools
What we are looking for
Someone who can…..
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership and take pride in the code they develop
- Drive through projects and get things done
- Be a self-starter and takes initiative
- Develop excellent code across the entire stack (UI, Services, Data)
- Develop solutions using Spring Framework & Hibernate & (JEE UI | Angular JS | React JS | other UI frameworks)
- Is comfy with Linux
- Java (using 8 features advantageously is a big plus)
- Leverage SQL/RDBMS (Postgres is a + other DB is ok as well) comfortably
- (Rabbit | Redis | Elastic | AWS) is a +
- Microservices - is a +
- API (REST) - is a +
Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of equivalent experience.