General Summary: Brillient Corporation is seeking an experienced Team Lead Software Developer to join it's Team supporting a federal contract. This role is an integral component of a team supporting organizational and digital transformation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Modify software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Direct system testing and validation procedures.
- Direct software programming and documentation development.
- Consult with departments or customers on project status and proposals.
- Work with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Analyze information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Design and develop software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
- Prepare reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Confer with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
Education/Certification Requirement: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
Experience Requirement: 8 years of years of programming experience, including 3 years of Java-specific development.
Other Requirement(s): This position requires U.S. Citizenship or a Green Card holder and the ability to obtain and maintain a Government public trust level security clearance. For a candidate that is a Green Card holder, they must have lived in the United States for at least three out of the past five years prior to your application date. You will also meet the residency qualifications if you lived abroad while on government or military duty or if you were a dependent of a federal employee of military member.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Possess 3 years of experience as a Team Lead for software development.
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Experience as a full-stack developer.
- Knowledge of software engineering concepts.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Preferred Qualifications: Experience working with Java Spring and Elasticsearch; and Alfresco, FileNet, and Amazon S3.