Lead Java Developer - Apache - Spring - AWS - SQL
Position Title – WR171022102017
Lead Java Developer – Apache – Spring – AWS – SQL – Marlboro, MA Area - $$ Open
Outstanding Compensation Package – Base + Bonus + PS - $$ are not an obstacle for the right person
Relo. Possible for exceptional candidates – No Contractors/Consultants Please
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm – Great Company – Lots of Upside – Outstanding Compensation Package – Bonus – Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth possibilities.
As member of the IBOR Application Development Team, this individual will be responsible for design, architecture, development and maintenance of applications within Investor and Portfolio Technology(IPT) group including, but not limited to, leading a track historical IBOR System and be able to work with both analysts and developers to devise business solutions.
The individual will participate in all development activities to successfully deploy new systems and enhancements, and work with colleagues and end users to design, develop and implement solutions to meet business outcomes.
Keys to this position:
· We are seeking a lead Java developer with 10 plus years of experience.
· This role is 70% coding and 30% leadership (leading a team of 3 to 4 consultants).
· We are seeking a strong hands-on lead Java developer who can lead in analysis, design and development of complex applications. The technical stack includes Java/J2EE, JMS, Apache Spark, Apache Sqoop, Apache Ignite/Gridgain, multi-threading, Web Services, Oracle, AWS, JQuery and Spring.
· We are also seeking SQL coding skills to be able to work with the data. Solid experience with SQL is required.
· Application is data intensive and experience in dealing with large volumes of data is required
· Financial services experience is preferred, but not required.
· Participate in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support efforts
· Work with business team members, project managers/analysts, other software engineers to review business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
· Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for performance.
· Ensure the adherence to established code-quality standards within the development and QA teams, such as Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, and all required release documentation.
· Establish and maintain effective client relationships and help guide the team in setting priorities for completion of requests or resolution of issues.
· Work across teams such as with middleware, database, and architecture teams to coordinate and facilitate production releases
· Author architecture, technical design, and support documentation
Required Skills and Competencies:
· 10+ years of software development and design experience with Java
· Experience with JSON, XML, UNIX/Linux, and AngularJS is helpful
· Must be comfortable working with Oracle databases, and its related technologies
· Motivated, agile and able to work independently in a fast paced team oriented environment. Committed to deliver projects on time and overcome obstacles.
· Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
· Financial industry knowledge is a huge plus