$80K — $100K *
Lumnen is seeking an IT Systems Engineer III (Vulnerability Assessment Team Engineer) with demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage and run vulnerability scanning systems across a diverse network architecture. The position will support the ECS & IPSS programs in providing security engineering support to mitigate cyber intrusions onto the Lumen ISP network in support of US Government networks and to ensure compliance with all relevant Federal guidelines.
• Provide hands-on support for vulnerability scanning activities using Tenable Security Center, Tenable Nessus, and Tenable Nessus Manager.
• Configure, manage, update, operate, and troubleshoot Tenable security tools and vulnerability scans as required.
• As needed, deploy and manage additional security tools (HBSS, ACAS, dbProtect, AppScan or similar) to perform additional scans and execute risk assessment activities.
• Perform scans, review results, and write necessary risk management related reports, custom dashboards, and remediation plans for management or system support teams.
• Develop standard procedures (SOP/MOP) and other technical documentation related to vulnerability scanning activities and management of vulnerability scanning platforms.
• Investigate false positives or recommend risk acceptance and develop any associated risk management documentation.
• Support a governance process for managing the program systems, including the integration of remediation activities into planning, programming, budgeting and execution processes.
• Work with ISSO teams to coordinate remediation approach and assist with reporting POA&M status and status of proposed mitigation strategies.
• Provides inputs for written monthly reports to Customers.
• Work with engineering teams on strict deadlines to deliver projects according to plan.
• Work with other security support team members to interface with appropriate government agent.
• Required: 2-3 Years of direct, hands-on experience and proficiency with vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, Retina, Qualys).
• Required: 2-3 Years of direct, hands-on experience with with STIG or CIS hardening guides for Linux and/or networking devices (Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto).
• Required: 2-3 Years’ experience performing system management, system auditing, system engineering, or ethical hacking and threat modeling functions in a diverse system environment.
• Firm understanding of network routing, network architecture, and system configurations.
• Strong analytical and process-oriented skills.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to take guidance as well as work independently to complete tasks.
• Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation).
• US Citizenship required.
• Top Secret Security Clearance.
• Related professional security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CEH, OSCP, etc.)
• Understanding of common web application vulnerabilities such as XSS, SQL injection, CSRF, etc.
Valid through: 1/18/2021