We were born of innovation, springing from the curiosity, imagination and dedication of remarkable scientists and healthcare visionaries. Our shared mission is to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering treatments in ways unimaginable – until now.
We don’t follow footsteps. We create the path.
The Lead IT Business Partner, Corporate & Enabling Functions is part of a fully integrated IT team, accountable to a designated functional area(s) as a Lead IT Business Partner providing both strategic expertise and operational execution support. This role will serve as the central point of contact for a dedicated business function within Spark and will represent the full portfolio of IT offerings.
This lead will be responsible for defining, delivering, and evolving the technology portfolio to support the needs of the Corporate and Enabling Functions and will responsible to ensure IT service is optimally leveraged by technology. They will serve as the direct business partner support to the HR Organization (HR, Corp Comms), Business Organization (Legal, Compliance, Gov’t Affairs, Pricing & Reimbursement, Patient Advocacy), Finance (Financial Planning & Analysis, Procurement and Accounting Operations and Reporting) and enabling functions (Corporate Facilities and IT).
They will focus on business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management ensuring strong alignment between the strategic technology requirements of the business and the effective planning and delivery of IT services/solutions. The role will collaborate closely with the aligned functional leaders to understand business strategy, demand, and priorities and help the business propose programs/projects which will drive those strategic goals.
- Be a critical and strategic thought partner to the senior leadership team including the Chief Human Resources Officer, Chief Business Officer, General Counsel and Chief Strategy Officer (specific focus to Finance) to understand the Division’s strategic goals and where technology can and should enable those goals. This role will also serve as the strategic IT partner to other enabling functions including Corporate Facilities and IT.
- Stay abreast of leading-edge digital business solutions and demonstrate the intellectual curiosity to assess and review how those technologies could and should be employed to support Spark’s strategic goals.
- Ensure robust business cases are developed in partnership with the senior leadership team and IT including clear business outcomes, benefit realization, alignment to IT guiding principles and clarity on investments required including financial and human resources.
- Co-Chair functional governance committees ensuring the portfolio of technology projects are aligned to overall business strategy, operating plans, and roadmaps. Partnering with the business leaders to verify the stage-gated reviews are completed to assess the robustness and readiness of programs progressing through the systems lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the IT and Business senior leadership in the oversight of delivery of programs as defined in the operating plans and roadmaps.
- Serves as a voice of the customer by providing input into IT strategies, philosophies and programs while maintaining an enterprise mindset.
- Drive strong partnerships with internal IT stakeholder groups including Infrastructure Operations & Security, Enterprise Applications Delivery, IT Compliance, and the broader Spark Employee Experience network to ensure alignment with overall capability roadmap, business priorities and delivery requirements.
- Work with business counterparts and the IT delivery teams, to provide stakeholder feedback and oversight the technical delivery of IT solutions approved within the portfolio.
- BS in relevant discipline required, MBA a plus
- Proven track record of successfully delivering an IT strategy aligned to deliver business in an agile and exponentially growing life sciences organization
- Past experience leading strategy development and oversight of digital transformation initiatives.
- Must have a proven track-record of 8+ years working in large and/or complex IT programs, preferably within the life sciences (preferably, gene/cell therapy or biopharmaceutical).
- Minimum 15 years overall work experience
- Specific experience deploying enterprise systems required. SAP ERP, SuccessFactors HRIS are preferred.
- Ability to effectively facilitate interactive discussions and elicit complex business requirements in both small and large settings across audiences including business and IT professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and organizational boundaries.
- Superior verbal communication skills with expert proficiency in framing and delivering messages via multiple modalities including collaboration technologies (SharePoint, Skype), PowerPoint presentations, and email.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate and collaborate with employees and management at all levels.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have
- Demonstrated experience defining and measuring business outcomes.
- Must have proven experience working with structured Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) principles.
- Knowledge and experience of business process modeling and process optimization and basic requirements elucidation.
- Experience in a rapidly growing organization preferred with responsibility for creating systems and processes where none had existed previously.
- Strong Business acumen and the ability to understand business strategy and partner with functional leaders to appropriately diagnose needs
- Manage business expectations and relationships between IT and each function
- Responsible for being at the table with the business to help define the business’ strategic direction and the resulting IT direction
- Proactively understand business priorities and ensures the portfolio of technology projects are aligned to overall business strategy and roadmaps
- Ensure that current technology trends are understood and applied to generate business benefit
- Provide leadership in the development of the respective functional IT strategy, technology roadmap and technology architecture
- Ability to resolve challenges across all levels of the organization while demonstrating respect and being honest, even when the truth is difficult
- Strong customer focus by following through on commitments and overcoming obstacles
- Need to effectively describe strategic initiatives and governance requirements to c-suite stakeholders.
- Need to have a deep understanding of the business processes, information issues, and current marketplace understanding
- Incumbent receives high level and general guidance in terms of establishing goals and overall objectives and is accountable for establishing the methods to attain them.