The Lead, IT Applications (POS/PCI) is responsible for leading projects that apply new or existing technologies and solutions to solve security compliance needs.This resource will drive planning work with Vendors and Support teams around notification process, tracking of updates and implementation strategy of security related updates for Store Systems applications. Partners with the business analyst to determine system needs, influencing and guiding the change process from concept to implementation. Coordinates the efforts of internal and external staff, and of key business partners in the support of existing production systems and in the execution of new system projects. Serves as a functional and/or technical expert in one or more disciplines.
Architecture & Information Management
- Define how the different application components will need to interact with each other for moderate to highly complex projects.
- Drive the alignment of support and compliance requirements for Store systems applications
- Document requirements and assume responsibility for obtaining sign-off from customer and business partners on moderate to highly complex projects.
- Translate functional requirements to technical requirements on moderate to highly complex projects.
- Highlight/identify gaps in existing functionality and review requirements with stakeholders on moderate to highly complex projects.
- Direct and advise on developing a high level functional design solution.
- Validate that designs produced adhere to architectural roadmap and support the development, execution, and operations of service for moderate to highly complex projects.
- Drive validation processes to ensure that detailed designs match high level designs and are traceable to requirements in functional specification for moderate to highly complex projects.
- Provide influence and authoritative advice to the development team during the design and build phases to ensure quality deliverables are produced.
- Partners on test execution throughout all phases of testing (i.e. unit, end-to-end, integration, performance, operational readiness, user acceptance.) moderate to highly complex projects.
- Direct and advise on the creation of implementation deliverable: training plan, training schedule, job aids, transaction support, etc.
- Direct execution of release and deployment plans with all stakeholders.
- Establish and coach the team on standards for project plan creation and initiate project mobilization by confirming project scope, estimate, resources, roles and responsibilities.
- Advise, review, and drive the creation of project status reports by members of the project team and self.
- Advise, review and create reporting/dashboards for executive review on moderate to highly complex projects.
- Work with software and/or hardware vendors on changes and production issues
- Time Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5 to 10years’ experience supporting retail systems or IT consulting experience supporting retail. Solid understanding of retail dynamics within a complex, highly integrated environment.
- Undergraduatedegree or equivalent work experience in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline.
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Experience in risk identification and management
- Excellent communication skills and expert application of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Working experience in Retail, particularly with Store systems
- Project Management skills and experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving, root cause analysis, and debugging skills
- Vendor Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff remotely, across multiple time zones
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc. Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Req. Number: 18003515