Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Lead Linux Intersystems Cache Engineer to join our AthenaFlex team within our Infrastructure as a Service division (IaaS). IaaS ensures the continuous availability of the technologies and systems that are the foundation of athenahealth's services. We are directly responsible for thousands of servers, petabytes of storage, and handling thousands of web requests per second, all while sustaining growth at a meteoric rate. We enable an operating system for the medical office that removes administrative complexity, leaving doctors free to practice medicine. But enough about us; let's talk about you.
You have deep expertise in cache
The Team: We are a bunch of engineers who are passionate about reliability, automation, and scalability in a cloud-native environment. We use an agile-based framework to execute our work, ensuring we are always focused on the most important and impactful needs of the business. We support systems in both the private and public cloud, and make data-driven decisions based on which one best suits the needs of the business. We are relentless in automating manual, repetitive work so we can focus on projects that help move the business forward.
- Manage and support 100+ cache production databases, as well as standby's and development copies
- Provide response for any database issues, includes rotating 24 x 7 schedule for responding to critical events.
- Develop, manage and execute controls in support of athenahealth's SOC 2, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, including disaster recovery tests per our SOC 2 and SOX policies
- Implement and support database security regulations, policies, and guidelines. Monitor security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats; install necessary security patches to ensure ongoing database security.
- 5 or more years' experience as a cache DBA. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent.
- 3 or more years of experience with linux operating system required
- Scripting skills in any Python and Perl with the ability to provide requirements for automation, resource monitoring and performance monitoring.
- Experience with database reorgs, performance tuning, installation, migrations, and backup/recovery.
- Extensive experience resolving moderate to complex database performance issues, database capacity issues, replications, and other distributed data issues.
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or "athenistas") are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.