Job DescriptionParticipates and assists in leading the evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency ofinternal controls,healthcare, and operational compliance and identifies weaknesses, along with providing recommendations to mitigate those weaknesses.
- Leading, develop and execute comprehensive test plans for operational effectiveness and business process improvements.
- Lead and execute audit programs to facilitate management in assessing healthcare compliance
- Lead and facilitate interactions among business owners as they work to implement control improvements and corrective actions.
- Determining the cause of deficiencies, and assisting management with the development of remediation plans.
- Perform testing and verification of the effectiveness of internal controls and review testing performed by staff auditors
- Ensure continued compliance with all facets of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, including updated guidance from the SEC, coordinating with internal staff, external auditors and consultants.
- Refine/drive continuous improvement in the internal controls self-assessment program to determine quarterly and annual compliance with key SOX sections (302, 404, etc.).
- Serve as a liaison between the Company's business owners and external auditors and support external auditor's testing
- Review/discuss with Management any internal control changes that may affect SOX compliance
- Lead and support external auditor's testing (SOX and substantive including Inventory) for areas in which the external auditors rely on department’s audit work.
- Establish effective business relationships within the organization and maintain knowledge of operating divisions.
- Lead and execute an efficient audit approach as defined by management and assure audit work is completed on time and within budget.
- Lead and support corporate internal control and risk mitigation projects as needed (e.g. Healthcare compliance, SAP enhancements and future system implementations, business re-engineering, assurance projects and due diligence work).
Nature and Scope:
- Applies principles, concepts, practices, and standards of a professional field to complete a variety of on-going assignments and projects.
- Works on problems of moderate scope; exercises judgment and independently identifies next steps.
- Analyzes quantitative information and applies professional judgment to resolve a variety of moderately complex problems.
- Builds productive internal/external relationships; actively represents an area in inter-departmental projects.
- Impacts team effectiveness through the quality of own work and potentially the work of others.
- 8Years of related experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting and/or Internal Auditdepartment of a public company.
- Strong knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, specifically sections 302, 404, etc., with hands-on experience with SOX implementations and ongoing compliance in industry.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, FASB, GAAS, PCAOB and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Understanding of internal control concepts and frameworks (e.g. COSO).
- Sound understanding of fundamental audit theory and methodology.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Deadline-driven, organized and able to multitask.
- A team player with a self-motivated and positive attitude and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision.
- Advanced degree and professional certifications preferred (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA)
- Experience with complex ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Great Plains)
- Inventory/manufacturing auditexperiencepreferred
- Knowledge of healthcare compliance regulations a plus
- Medical device industry experience a plus
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.