$100K — $150K *
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Lead development and the completion of Interior Engineering Disciplines for direct usage on R1 and RPV Programs within Interior Engineering team.
· Interface with Functional Engineering and Integration Leads (within Interior and Cross-Functionally) and develop lessons learned from R1 and RPV applicable to R2
· Develop and teach common engineering interior engineering disciplines and ensure consistent use of these disciplines in all programs
· Develop and maintain Best Practices: Design Standards, Test Procedures, Technical Specifications, etc.
· Approve and maintain standard Quality Documents: DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan, etc.
· Decompose new vehicle level functional requirements into system, subsystem, component, and material level requirements.
· Lead collaborative problem-solving including interfaces with non-interior teams.
· Develop and manage vehicle system validation plans for all interior systems.
· Establish criteria required to demonstrate requirements are being met (e.g. sample size, statistical, attribute vs. variable, etc.)
· Research and benchmark interior system validation tests that do not currently exist in the Rivian portfolio but are necessary for target vehicle performance.
· Insure plan updates are made when new requirements are established, or new design controls evolve from DFMEA reviews.
· Work with outside testing vendors to quote and source validation testing according to program budget.
· Manage outside testing vendors to plan testing according to part availability and required completion date.
· Review test procedures with testing vendor to insure requirements are being met.
· View validation testing as necessary and practical, especially new or unique tests.
· Assist in troubleshooting issues found during validation testing. Work with development engineers to resolve and document issues.
· Receive and catalogue outside test vendor reports according to record retention policy.
· Prepare and publish Rivian test reports and archive according to record retention policy.
· Collect and review full-service-supplier validation test reports and DVP&R documentation for sub-system sign-off as appropriate.
· Insure certification tests and reports are managed correctly and published according to certification and compliance groups instructions.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
· Minimum 7 years’ of progressively responsible Automotive Interiors experience with demonstrated experience and success.
· Drive for engineering disciplines in the product development process.
· Strong background in systems engineering, functional safety, and ISO 26262.
· Experience in developing performance requirements and test methods for complex systems.
· Demonstrated advanced technology project management.
· A deep passion and Innate Curiosity for continuous improvement.
· Desire to not only research, design, and develop first-in-world systems but to also put them into production.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Body Interiors Engineering
Location: Irvin, California
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
Valid through: 4/3/2021