Baobab Studios is looking for a Lead Interactivity Engineer to join our growing team in the SF Bay Area. You will be leading our character interactivity efforts to create high-quality, interactive animated content for VR. The interactivity engineer will work closely with our director and with artists to design, prototype, and implement interactive features in real-time game engines, with a heavy focus on character performance and interactivity. This role requires a demonstrated passion for designing interactivity features combined with the engineering discipline to implement and deploy.
- Lead character interactivity efforts at the studio
- Design and implement features in the areas of animation, AI, physics, and other interactivity-related disciplines
- Collaborate with the director, artists, animators, and engineers to invent, design, and implement brand new forms of interactivity in VR
- Engineering work will include but not limited to technical design, coding, unit testing, QA support, release support and maintenance
- Support production issues when necessary
- Develop and improve interactivity systems, tools, and processes
- Maintain high code quality standards throughout the development cycle
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience. Master's degree in related fields a plus.
- 5+ years experience working on interactivity and gameplay features
- Excellent debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Prior experience shipping a console (e.g. PS4, Xbox One) or mobile (e.g. Android) product a plus
- Unity experience a plus
- Proven ability to work on a team
- Creative, motivated, focused, flexible, and results-oriented