LendingTree is hiring a Lead Interaction Designer to join our growing team of experts!
A sample of what you might be doing as a Lead Interaction Designer:
- Follow the user-centered design process to rapidly craft and iterate through sketches and wireframes (low, medium, and high fidelity) with detailed interaction specifications.
- Emphasize moving quickly to prototype and validate multiple ideas before fleshing out the details.
- Define mobile and web interaction models and systems, including navigation, information, and process flows.
- Design user experiences across platforms, for both responsive mobile and desktop experiences as well as native app experiences.
- Collaborate with the User Research team to identify our users, as well as their goals, tasks, motivations, and expectations.
- Daily interaction with the Consumer Insights team to understand how our consumers experience our brand.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and concurrently with creative, product, and technical teams.
- Sell your user experience proposals to internal partners through storytelling, data-driven visualizations, and evidence-based design principles.
- Be the voice of the user by developing an in-depth understanding of the core problems our users are trying to solve, and then use that knowledge to drive a better experience for our users and measurable results for your stakeholders.
Requirements for success as a Lead Interaction Designer:
- You have over 8 years of progressive experience, include 3 years in a team or product lead role, as an interaction designer for mobile and desktop web applications, including native mobile apps.
- You should be willing and able to build business domain knowledge quickly right from the start and become an authority of user needs, business goals, and domain-specific data points within 6 months.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of user-centered design and research methodologies, including industry best practices, competitive analysis, and current UX trends for authenticated experiences.
- Must be a system thinker with the ability to design and communicate how a single interaction affects the rest of the experience.
- You possess an extraordinarily high attention to detail with the ability to articulate cause and effect for multiple user paths and scenarios.
- You will operate as a guide in the definition of detailed interaction specifications for creative, business, and technical partners.
- Must be comfortable working independently with minimal coaching and uses self-direction to navigate ambiguity and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Has strong critical thinking and communication skills, as well as the ability to channel criticism and skepticism into creativity and productivity.
- Can understand business objectives and dedicatedly chip in both strategic and innovative ideas that continually improve the customer experience and success metrics.
- Effectively projects professionalism, confidence, and a relentless, positive "can-do" attitude.
- Obsessed with putting our users at the center of the business and everything you do.
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about helping people reach financial independence and have deep empathy for users at every step in their financial journey.
- You value getting as much user feedback as possible to help inform your design decisions. Read: run user tests daily.
- You are an expert problem solver and end-to-end strategic thinker.
- You leverage data-driven user experience design to transform organizational attitudes and perceptions.
- You actively recognize opportunities to improve the user experience of our products and services, then lead initiatives to urgently bring those improvements to market.
- You will get going quickly and measurably improve customer experience performance metrics within the first 3 months.