Lead Infrastructure Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
The Lead Infrastructure Engineer is a trusted expert, thought leader who applies business, industry and technical knowledge of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) / Virtual desktop environment. Provides input for technology strategy. Coordinates with other teams to ensure quality solution delivery. Responsible for leading the implementation, execution and maintenance of technology solutions to mitigate risk and drive business results. Provides thought leadership to mid-large sized projects. Solves complex problems and provides leadership and technical guidance to less experience staff.
A Lead Infrastructure Engineer, willsupport the specialized area of focus (virtual desktop space,working with Citrix XEN (desktop, app, andmobile) and NetScaler used tosupport the desktop virtualization space) for design, development, implementation, andsupport of theassociatedinformation technologyinfrastructure.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand, apply and lead Thrivent Information Technology standards and processes to ensure the systems support business needs and availability requirements.
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) support for specialized areas of focus or technical domains in accordance with Thrivent policies, standards, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provide assistance with other areas of information technologies and support team members.
- Plan, schedule, and execute defined projects for infrastructure system integration, upgrade or build.
- Provide on-callsupport for assigned Information Technology system(s).
- Direct through design, development and configuration of assigned infrastructure and/or systems from conceptualization through stabilization using various computer platforms leveraging best practice design techniques.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to others in project management, planning, estimating, reporting, scheduling and workflow.
Required Job Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, business, mathematics or related field
- Typically 5 or more years of applicable experience
- MS Operating systems experiencepreferred
- Citrix XEN and NetScaler experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership on mid-large scale projects impacting strategic priorities