Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
We’re hiring talented Lead Infrastructure Engineers to join us. This position will be focused on engineering efforts related to the infrastructure layer of the Snowflake service. This position will require excellent technical architecture and project management skills in addition to hands on development work.
As a Lead Infrastructure Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Work on providing a high automated Cloud-based runtime environment for scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute system.
- Write software, from system automation to network services to allow us to run ever more customers and queries.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new system layers utilizing a first-principles understanding of high complexity compute environments.
- Plan and lead complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation.
Our ideal Lead Infrastructure Engineer will have:
- Extremely strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and direct complicated, multi-month projects.
- Strong programming skills. Must have CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software. A formal CS degree is not required.
- Prior experience working alongside an Engineering team developing and supporting a complicated technical product.
- Fundamental understanding of *NIX systems.
- Fundamental basic networking troubleshooting skills.
- Prior experience supporting an Internet facing application at scale.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Prior experience with a major Cloud Infrastructure provider.
- Extremely large installation or High Performance Computing (HPC) experience.
- Formal software engineering background.
- Prior experience with time-series based monitoring / observability systems.
- Prior experience with high performance networks.