LRS is in need of a Lead Infrastructure Engineer for a direct hire opportunity with our client in central Illinois. If you’re that person, submit your resume now!
The Lead Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for being the hands-on technical leader for the design, implementation and management of the day-to-day aspects of compute and storage related systems, services & solutions; ensuring their quality, stability, availability, redundancy and security. This role includes the design and management of servers, storage, backup/data protection, and virtualization stack.
- Designs and implements compute and storage related systems, services and solutions, ensuring their quality, stability, recoverability, and security.
- Designs and implements Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019, and related systems, services and solutions, ensuring their quality, stability, recoverability, availability and security.
- Diagnoses and resolves problems spanning across both the compute, storage, network and virtualization stacks.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation of systems, services, processes, and procedures.
- Works with leadership to research and analyze upcoming technology trends to identify opportunities for systems improvements and new initiatives for the clinic.
- Provides on call support responding to incidents on nights and weekends as required.
- Collaborates with application support and project teams to better understand customer needs and build infrastructure solutions accordingly.
- Drives root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions.
- Proactively assists and develops resource utilization modeling and capacity planning documentation to address any resource bottlenecks across both storage and compute platforms, before they impact the business.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 8+ years of IT experience, working in a complex, highly regulated industry, such as healthcare or finance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills.
- Deep experience with Microsoft Windows Server Core services such as Active Directory, DHCP, DFS, ADFS, Certificate Services, IIS, DNS, Group Policy, etc.
- Able to design, analyze, evaluate and implement server and storage related systems, services, and solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows server and storage infrastructure operations support.
- Develops & possesses deep technical knowledge of how a virtual environment is consumed by the end user.
- Deep experience with cloud-based, Microsoft Azure or AWS infrastructure is a plus.
- Possesses strong technical knowledge and experience working with VMware virtualization technologies, as well as Nimble Storage platform, and Nutanix hyper-converged infrastructures.
- Familiarity working in an Agile or KANBAN style environment is a bonus.