The Monitoring Lead is a technical position within HR Block's IT Enterprise Operations organization which will play a crucial role in maturing and revolutionizing the company's monitoring capabilities. The position will be the tactical supervisor over activities of the offshore monitoring team. It willprovide an additional tier of technical escalation and ensure all monitoring requests are met within service level agreements. The position will be responsible for representing monitoring capabilities to our business and IT partners and being able to gather and process requirements to translate into actionable monitoring strategies. The position will then be key to managing the tactical plan for implementing our next generation cloud and dev ops focused monitoring strategy.
- Analyze monitoring requests and ensure requirements are gathered to created orchestrated alert for transactional, performance and synthetic alerts.
- Oversee the daily tactical workload of the monitoring team. Prioritize and ensure service level agreements are met.
- Subject matter expert on both current and future enterprise monitoring capabilities who provides technical guidance to our IT and business partners.
- Liaison to changes in event and alerting with the Network Operations Center (NOC) and load and performance teams.
- Build and modify new and existing orchestrated monitoring alerts and events.
- Work with leadership to develop a longer term, highly actionable enterprise monitoring program.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- 7 years' minimum of overall experience in administration of enterprise level IT monitoring
- 5 years' experience with administration of Microsoft's SCCM platform
- 3 years' experience building and working within the ServiceNow event module.
- 3 years' scripting experience with PowerShell or similar orchestration tools
- 2 years' proven experience in implementing Microsoft Azure monitoring tools such as Azure Monito and Application Insights.
- 2 years' experience with Power BI
- 2 years' experience with monitoring SNMP via LogicMonitor or similar tool
- Project experience in transitioning enterprise monitoring from an on-premise infrastructure to a cloud-centric dev ops environment.