This position will be responsible for providing Information Systems Security Engineering support to customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within our Enterprise Ground Solutions (EGS) business unit of Harris Corporation. Harris’ is seeking highly-talented individuals to execute a challenging new program develop and apply the latest technologies for Harris EGS solutions. The EGS business is growing and we are expanding our capacity to address new opportunities in defense markets.
Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to perform systems security engineering in support of new, operational, and legacy systems.
- Conduct business acquisition processes to win new weather business from DoD customers
- Provides creative technical solutions to a variety of difficult cybersecurity technical problems.
- Provides systems engineering expertise, focusing on security, cryptography, and information assurance requirements, architecture, design, implementation, and verification
- Understand how to scope, define, and perform cost estimation on the following activities for a program to be executed upon award:
- Implement Information Assurance (IA) processes, provide implementation guidance, and develop documentation throughout the Risk Management Framework (RMF) life-cycle to obtain system accreditation.
- Have current knowledge and experience at translating National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-series standards/guidance into cybersecurity system requirements
- Conduct certification testing and reporting in accordance with the RMF and NIST 800-53; identify deficiencies (POA&M) and provides recommendations for solutions.
- Lead system hardening activities to be compliant with DISA Security and Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Conduct vulnerability scanning and remediation.
- Apply IA requirements to an existing system based on Customer IA policies and procedures.
- Define, implement, and sustain continuous IA monitoring for accredited systems.
- Develop System Security Plans (SSP) and other required system plans, e.g., Continuous Monitoring Plan (CMP), Contingency Plan (CP), Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) (as required) and Incident Response Plan (IRP).
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field and 9 years experience with configurations, hardening and vulnerability assessment of common appliances from common vendors (e.g. CISCO, Juniper, etc.); or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- DoD Secret security clearance.
- CISSP certification.
- Experience managing complex securityarchitectures consisting of multiple trust levels.
- Experience communicating technical terms and concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience serving as proposal or program SME with respect to IA issues.
- Experience balancing risk with business needs to offer customers and management optimal security solutions.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- Experience with socializing ideas, making recommendations and gathering team consensus to move forward.
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills as well as strong ability to lead and mentor teammates.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: SIS20180208-26364