We are currently seeking talented Information Governance Advisor Lead for our San Antonio, TX (WestRidge South) facility.
Provides governance, quality, integrity and timeliness of operational data for the enterprise. Establishes and enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to best practices. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Leads, motivates and facilitates cross-functional teams in the development of information and data governance initiatives. Directs the development of strategies, policies, principles, procedures, standards and metrics. Serves as a coach and mentor; and provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure success in achieving business objectives.
- Provides strategic partnership to anticipate opportunities for information/data management governance activities and projects.
- Influences implementation of information governance and best practices, tools and associated processes across the enterprise.
- Influences/drives business awareness of information/data governance through work activities to include awareness forums.
- Authors information governance guidelines, principles, policies, and standards for information / data stewards, stakeholders, and development teams.
- Orchestrates audits of information governance capabilities through subject matter experts.
- Develops prioritization methods for and implementation plans for information governance initiatives.
- Responsible for acquiring and applying expert knowledge of various lines of the business, channels, and their applications and processes to include providing advice on satisfying regulatory requirements related to information governance and management.
- Leads the assessment and coordination of information governance training requirements and learning objectives for the enterprise.
- Prepares formal reports and presentations of findings and recommendations; presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field (4years work experience in information governance, information management or information architecture can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experiencerequired) OR A Master's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field OR A PhD in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field
- If Bachelor's degree, 8 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting OR If Master's degree, 6 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting OR If PhD, 5 or more years experience Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting Expert knowledge of industry information/data governance best practices
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experienceworking within IT Governance.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.