Job Family: Data Management
Maintains and monitors data and databases to meet the company’s current and projected future needs. Reviews and ensures the quality, accuracy and security of data in accordance with established procedures and standards. Monitors database activity and the relationships between the database users and applications to ensure appropriate data usage and resolve data conflicts. Collaborates with technology/infrastructure staff to identify data relationships and functional requirements.
Job Function: Business Intelligence & Reporting
Collects, organizes and analyzes data sets to draw conclusions to maximize efficiency of internal operational processes, to manage risk, and to position the company to better serve clients through enhanced product and solutions offerings. Responsible for drawing insights from large sets of quantitative data. May use advanced analytics technologies, systems and software. Develops data-driven recommendations that support key business decisions across the company. Performs analysis and prepares forecasts and recommendations for product preferences, sales coverage, market penetration, market practices and sales trends. Researches market conditions to determine potential sales of a product or solution. Analyzes, compiles and manages market and economic research on the market’s product or solution requirements and competitive environment to identify enhancements to current features and functionality.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Associate, Business Intelligence & Reporting is responsible for data and intelligence activities across an assigned data domain(s) using a risk based, standard business process approach.
- Collaborates with technical support team as BI/business lead on projects, analyzing user needs, preparing enhancement requests, supporting technical development/implementation and performing user acceptance testing.
- Collaborates and coordinates with business management to ensure that business and functional informational needs are met.
- Develop technical solutions which may involve a variety of data development tools, preferably SQL Server or Informatica.
- Profiles data within their assigned data domains to identify/prioritize areas with greatest data quality concerns.
- Design, develop, test and support from SQL stored procedures, views, Informatica workflows, Control-M flows or script objects.
- Leads key data element identification with data stakeholders across assigned data domain(s) using a risk based, standard business process approach.
- Analyzes and documents functional processes and controls ensuring gaps and deficiencies are inventoried.
- Supports with the development of data and process improvement plans.
- Defines data quality requirements including business rules/controls, metrics and targets.
- Adheres to corporate risk management objectives.
- Develops and deploys operational dashboards and reports to create significant business impact.
- Consults and advises best practices for systems implementation.
- Collaborates with data owners to improve and streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Provides additional support for users through training, documentation, system access, report writing guidance and query resolution to help them analyze, understand and utilize available BI data most effectively.
- Partners and collaborates with the business to maintain rules and standards to improve data accuracy and value.
- Identifies inefficient business processes and drives improvements to maximize efficiency.
- Monitors internal and external environments for development of new business processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree: Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent field.
- Experience –
- 5-9 years development experience with SQL Server or other relational databases or 7 years designing, developing, and maintaining Informatica Applications with 7 years combined in general application development and exposure to Informatica Administration and 2+ years of IDQ experience.
- Excellent SQL coding abilities to write SQL, T-SQL, stored procedures and views.
- Development experience must be full Life Cycle experience including business requirements gathering, data sourcing, testing/data reconciliation, deployment and data automation practices.
- Able to provide leadership to technical staff of 2-5+ engineers.
- Contribute towards projects by getting involved in technical details and performing hands on tasks.
- Be able to understand the business needs and become an SME in their areas.
- Take ownership of their assigned projects and be responsible for successful delivery.
- Minimum 1 yearexperience leading a team of 5-10+ development staff.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbal.
- Advanced Knowledge of data modeling, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical applications within Financial Services to interpret data requests and identify data analytics opportunities.
- Demonstrated data analysis, data presentation, and data development skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to influence others.
- Ability to lead and coach junior level professionals.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, including senior level management.
- Ability to leverage technology to improve and automate business tasks.
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to details and can analyze information quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.