At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will act as team lead while determining incident response plans, policies, and procedures for Fannie Mae, as well as coordinate internal and external stakeholders in preparation for, and response to, incidents. In this role, you will coach and mentor junior colleagues.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Lead Incident Response Analyst role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Coach and mentor team members to improve their understanding of incident response guidelines and current events.
- Apply advanced skill, knowledge, and/or experience while leading teams to create and continuously update incident response plans, policies, and procedures.
- Lead response to incidents in real-time, proactively look for hardware, software, and environmental alerts or malfunctions, as well as work with other technical teams for resolution and articulate routine troubleshooting steps effectively.
- Consider multiple interrelated systems and issues while coordinating internal incident response teams, as well as lead required technical follow-up calls for high profile incidents.
- Identify opportunities to improve collaboration and communication with external stakeholders to mitigate incidents and follow protocols.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 5+ years of related experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Mid-level experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with at least eight of the different IT Infrastructure components
- Advanced years of working experience with different IT Infrastructure components such as Unix/ Linux Servers, Wintel Servers, AWS, networks, firewalls, routers, load balancers, VPN, Apache, web logic, LDAP, Active Directory, Exchange, Oracle/MS SQL databases, SAN, Virtualization, Email systems, Enterprise monitoring and access management solutions for single sign on. Subject matter expertise is not required.
- Proven methodical approach to problem identification, problem solving and resolution.
- Advanced working experience with applications in a production support environment.
- Experience handling management and troubleshooting of Middleware products on UNIX and Linux environments.
- Able to quickly and concisely communicate with senior management on technical issues in non-technical terms, and able to run large conference calls during Incident calls with a wide range of personnel and management levels.
- Strong relationship management skills and aptitude to multi-task and work well in a high stress environment, both within teams and independently.
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions.
- Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
- Expertise in service management concepts for networks and related standards such as ITIL practices or SDLC
- Skilled in VPN software and encrypting data
- Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
- Experience using VMWare
- Working experience with a wide variety of monitoring and data/log analysis tools: Extrahop, Dynatrace, Netcool suite, Catchpoint, Moogsoft, Splunk among others
- Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and networking platforms
- Skilled in Excel
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Java, etc.