The IIB Lead/Architect will plan, develop, test, and document systems and applications applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. Evaluates user requests for new or modified application systems, such as for financial or human resource management system, call center and online banking applications, statistical analysis of customer data relative to analytical modeling, or analyzing and developing specifications for mobile technologies. Determine feasibility, cost, and time required, compatibility with current system and future development applications.
- The IIB Lead/Architect will
- Define standards for IIB (Naming convention, Shared objects, Common frameworks)
- Define Reference Architecture (IIB Stack) including HA/DR and scalability
- Define coding/unit-testing standards and frameworks
- Assist with continuous integration/deployment platform
- Design the integration specifics for new back-end end-points.
- Lead technical projects impacting IIB e.g. IIB upgrade, TLS migration etc.
- Evaluates upgrade paths for IIB
- Assist with performance tuning IIB
- Serve as a technical lead for development projects to ensure successful development, deployment, connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Strong IIB development knowledge and familiar with DataPower development. Ability to design and develop new service solutions for the platform and SDLC processes.
- Support the Middleware Legacy services. Strong Java EJB code skills,
- Support and lead others to develop API services utilizing onshore and offshore teams. Champion new development and code releases.
- Design and develop REST API’s using IBM Integration Broker. IBM Data Power and API-Connect development experience is helpful.
- Analyze systems and detailed data to develop application systems to meet the needs of the business.
- Deliver and deploy solutions, ensuring that they are on time, within budget and to the required standard.
- Follow, enhance, and produce application standards relating to project and process methodologies, and applications development best practices.
- Create and deliver presentations to senior management regarding proposed IT solutions.
- Determine resource requirements (skill sets and project roles of team member when appropriate) based on project requirements, timeframes and budget.
- Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
- Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes.
- Research and recommend hardware and software development, purchase, and use.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software and connectivity problems, including user access and configuration.
- Knowledge of computer governance, security, and regulatory procedures and protocol.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Provide on-callsupport if required to Level-2/3 support teams
- Minimum (10) years of experience in Information Technologyrequired
- 3+ years of experience in IBM IIB
- Experience leading teams would be a big plus.
- 5+ years programming language work experience in an object-oriented programming language required
- Programming language work experience in Java, .Net, C/C++/C#, or other Object Oriented Programming languages in a Windows / Linux Server based environment required
- 3+ years relational databaseexperiencerequired, preferably with ORACLE 11G and SQL Server required. Database design experiencepreferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in both verbal and written formats to a technical and business audience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or combination of education and experiencerequired