- Architect, design and develop industry-leading applications for SPDJI’s 24x7 Global Real-time Index Calculation Platform.
- Hands-on design & development for building multi-threaded Java applications for real-time computing and data distribution.
- Interface real-time applications with external market data providers and distributors.
- Define system, network infrastructure, bandwidth requirements for real-time index calculation systems.
- Produce system design documents and participate in technical walkthroughs.
- Respond to critical production issues and provide immediate workarounds to maintain business continuity.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience; MS in Computer Science desirable.
- Eight years’ experience as a technical lead responsible for developing applications for the financial industry.
- Experience with real-time calculation systems and high-speed/low latency systems.
- Strong hands-on experience with core Java & JMS in a multi-threaded environment.
- Strong Oracle database, PL/SQL, stored procedures, SQL optimization skills.
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate & caching frameworks.
- Experience in integrating market data feeds from Wombat, Thomson Reuters, IDC etc.
- Experience with Market Data such as Equity, Commodities, Forex, Options asset classes.
- Experience with Financial applications such as Index/Benchmarks or Asset Management or Portfolio Investment modeling or Trading Platforms.
- Knowledge of web application frameworks such as Angular and ReactJS.
- Experience with Python development along with frameworks like Flask, Django or Pyramid.
- Experience in Big Data with NoSQL products like Cassandra, Cloudera.
- Experience in high performance, low latency messaging products like Kafka, ZeroMQ.
- Experience in building solutions with AWS managed services.