We were born of innovation, springing from the curiosity, imagination and dedication of remarkable scientists and healthcare visionaries. Our shared mission is to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering treatments in ways unimaginable – until now.
We don’t follow footsteps. We create the path.
As part of a fully integrated HR team, accountable to a designated functional area(s) as a Lead HR Business Partner providing both strategic expertise and operational execution support.
- Serves as an advisor to business leaders on identification of long term organizational and people capabilities required to execute it the business strategy; translates workforce needs into short-term hiring and development plans; works within HR and the business to ensure execution against the plans and achievement of desired outcomes
- Supports leaders in building a strong leadership pipeline across Spark functions by partnering on processes to identify top talent, creation of development plans for key talent, champions talent development solutions across the business
- Provides subject matter expertise on organizational effectiveness and change management; partnering with C-suite level leaders to ensure that decisions and implementation plans are aligned to desired business outcomes and consistent with the organization’s values and culture
- Serves as a trusted advisor to C-suite level leaders on talent and organizational imperatives and critical decisions that have an impact on long term business success
- Serves as a voice of the customer by providing input into HR strategies, philosophies and programs while maintaining an enterprise mindset
- May lead or contribute to other projects that are aligned with current business needs and long-range organizational objectives (examples may include organizational effectiveness, operating models, M&A integrations and other change initiatives)
- Keeps current on external trends, developments, or activities that could impact talent, organizational effectiveness, culture, and leadership development.
- BA/BS required, MBA desired
- Generally has at least 15 years of HR experience in HR Business Partners roles of increasing responsibility, including at least 5 years of experience working at the C-suite level
- Demonstrated ability to lead talent and organizational effectiveness programs/projects that have a long term impact on the functions
- Strong working knowledge of integrating culture into people processes and workforce engagement including diversity & inclusion
- Solid understanding of employee relations and effective disciplinary processes and how to partner effectively with internal and external counsel
- Experience is a small, rapidly growing organization preferred with responsibility for creating solutions and processes where none had existed previously
- Strong Business acumen and the ability to understand business strategy and partner with functional leaders to appropriately diagnose needs
- Ability to conceptualize and execute creative solutions based on business needs, not relying solely on past experiences but leveraging different perspectives to build new ways of doing things
- Highly developed emotional intelligence with strong communication skills
- Ability to resolve challenges across all levels of the organization while demonstrating respect and being honest, even when the truth is difficult
- Demonstrated ability to develop cooperative working relationships within the HR function and across the business
- Strong customer focus by following through on commitments and overcoming obstacles