Lead Hosting System Administrator
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
- Engage closely with architects, engineering, and operations teams in designing and delivering highly available and scalable services.
- Learn, deploy and document newer technologies for the potential deployment of services.
- Drive ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes.
- Installing, patching, and managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 & 7 servers at multiple locations.
- Build and deploy Microsoft Server platforms (2003, 2008, 2012) to production environments.
- High level of analysis/troubleshooting of Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 R2.
- Developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures for new server builds.
- Install and configure web server technologies including Apache HTTP and Microsoft IIS.
- Install and supportmiddleware technologies including Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, and .NET
- Install software, apply patches, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts.
- Work with Java Developers and Application Development teams to tune and monitor JVM.
- Support both production and non-production servers in a complex environment.
- Performing hardware maintenance/repair activities.
- Provide on-callsupport as needed.
OS and Platform Requirements:
- 5+ years hands-on administration of large Linux environments
- 3+ years hands-on experience with Apache and Tomcat
- 1+ year hands-on management of Windows environments
- 1+ year hands-on experience with IIS
- Experience maintaining Red Hat Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and file systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various teams and levels of management.
- Must be able to work independently in the absence of supervision.
Nice to have:
- Complex shell, Perl, or similar scripting ability to automate tasks and perform basic data analysis.
- Understanding of DNS, Networking, and Firewalls
- Install, configure and administer Microsoft Windows Clustering
- Experience with virtualization technologies including VMware.
- Interpret Java stack traces
- Experience with PowerShell - Cmdlets for performing common system administration tasks, such as managing the registry, services, processes, and event logs, and using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Red Hat Satellite Server to centralize and automate the deployment of patches and providing reports of the environment.
- Advanced knowledge in a modern configuration management solution such as Puppet or Ansible
- Consults with personnel to identify current operating procedures and to clarify objectives.
- Experience with Solaris 10 and ZFS.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or equivalent experience.
- Operating Systems - Windows 2016 and 2012, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 & 7
- Application Platforms – Java, Tomcat, .NET, Oracle Weblogic, jBOSS
- Scripting –Shell Languages (Bash/TCSH/KSH), Perl, Python, or equivalent
- Version control – GIT
- Provisioning – vSphere, vRO
- Storage – EMC, SAN, NAS
- Networking - Infoblox, F5, Cisco
- Database – Oracle, MS SQL
- Hardware – Cisco UCS, vBlock, HP.
Job ID 23709