As a Lead High Performance Software Engineer for eye tracking, you'll be responsible for delivering high-performance production software with state-of-the-art computer vision capabilities. Your code will be part of the foundations of our 3D platform that enables the next generation of computing applications for many years to come.
Areas of Focus:
- Developing and releasing new eye tracking features while tightly working with other teams, ensuring that the Magic Leap platform is easy to use and requires minimal user effort
- Improving the performance of eye tracking and related features by making it faster and more accurate
- Diving deep into the eye tracking pipeline to accurately report KPIs and relevant performance metrics
- Develop state-of-the-art performance critical eye tracking technology
- Bring eye tracking system features to the market by taking ownership of the full development cycle from technical design to a production ready release
- Own and drive highly visible performance metrics (e.g. latency, memory, accuracy, power)
- Collaboratively work as part of a fast paced team, analyze and optimize a growing C++ and assembly codebase
- Build tools for efficient data collection and for QA to allow for data based design decisions & feature verification
- Debug Timing, Race Conditions, Memory issues on a regular basis in a timely manner
- Work with other teams on a regular basis to ensure that eye tracking delivers value to the user by integrating algorithms, UX, display, SDK, and human factors into a highly optimized end-to-end system
- 5+ years of professional experience with high performance / low latency applications with C++ 17. Experience with template programming and policy based design is a plus.
- In depth understanding of computer architecture, computing bottlenecks, memory hierarchy, data coherency, caches, high performance architectures (VLIW, superscalar, etc), SIMD, concurrent systems, parallelization, compilers, system simulators
- Experience with low latency / high bandwidth real-time data pipelines, batch data processing pipelines, low power embedded systems, integration of specialized hardware acceleration blocks
- Strong CS fundamentals, problem-solving, high quality coding, code optimization, memory optimization, performance analysis, understanding of abstraction and modularity, critical path optimization and tuning
- Ability to work off a problem definition, structure the solution approach, communicate effectively on progress, and bring the topic to closure by presenting appropriate evidence.
- Strong sense of curiosity, fast learner
Preferred / Additional Skills:
- Eye tracking experience
- Computer vision, real-time image processing, cameras
- Numerical computing, modeling, simulation
- BA/BS in CS, EE or similar required. MS preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines