Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you're sure it meets Google's standards of quality and reliability.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Lead product hardware system validation, collaborate with technology engineers and CM test team on transitioning product to volume production.
- Work with engineering development team on system bring up, and system design validation.
- Support the team in debug, troubleshooting, and failure analysis investigation.
- Find test solutions to take on new challenges in hardware system validation.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience leading handheld device system validation and test methodology development, lab equipment.
- Experience with handheld consumer product, phone development, SoC architecture, power systems and coexistence validation.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- 5 years experience in an engineering test, validation and leadership role.
- Experience with handheld consumer product or phone development.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: mobile device system design, cellular radio and wifi testing, camera testing, sensor testing and high speed signal testing.