Global financial institution is seeking a Lead Hadoop / Java Developer to join the Risk Core Team. In this role, you will take the initiative to design, develop, test, and debug new software and making significant improvements to existing software with minimal supervision.
- 10+ years hands-on core utilizing Java, threads, and collections with strong fundamental concepts
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop stack (Spark, HDFS, Hive)
- Exposure handling applications with large volumes of data with Hadoop stack (Spark, HDFS)
- Ability to design, implement, and take ownership of the applications
- Communicate and collaborate within the IT team and across various departments in different regions
- Experience handling applications with large volumes of data
- Good to have exposure to Agile methodology and ability to handle tight deadlines
- Knowledge of end-end architecture of the applications
Required Technical Skills
- Core Java
- Relational databases (MYSQL, oracle, Sybase, etc.)
- Java/Hadoop certifications preferred
- Exposure to various ETL tools such as Talend, Data Stage, etc.
- Strong SQL knowledge strongly preferred
- ETL experience & risk domain knowledge preferred