• Provides HR direction and leadership for a global business unit that supports 6,000+ colleagues.
• Report directly to the CHRO of a large international organization with operations in 34 countries.
• Establishes and oversees HR operational strategy and business objectives.
• Influences and provides input into the strategic and/or long-term focus for HR as a whole.
• Provides leadership and direction through lower-level managers and senior-level professionals.
• Work is guided by HR functional strategies.
• Provides authoritative advice to top management based on deep subject matter expertise.
• Applies influence and negotiation skills to drive business results.
• Provides consultation and direction to leaders on escalated colleague relations issues, applicable company policies and compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Offers organizational assessment, diagnosis, consulting/coaching, action planning, and facilitation to address identified client/organizational needs.
• Primary responsibility for developing, approving and executing HR strategies and programs to achieve business objectives.
• Works directly with senior leadership in developing HR strategies and policies.
• Ensures initiatives are aligned with leadership and business initiatives as well as cultural differences around the globe.
• Directs, motivates and develops HR staff to design and implement best-practice HR programs vital to the organization’s success and growth.
• Ensures HR function is allocated appropriately to meet the changing needs of the organization.
• Continually challenges the status quo, and looks for opportunities to be creative and innovative within the HR function.
• In-depth understanding of IHS Markit long-term business strategy and vision.
• Impacts long-term business performance and financial success.
• Recognized internally as an influential leader.
Skills and Experience: