Lead Gen - Opt Manager
Full-time, Sales Development
As an Opportunity Manager, you will be responsible for building quality, early-stage pipeline with prospective and existing company's customers, supporting your sales territory in achieving its quarterly and annual sales quotas. You will qualify and nurture inbound leads that result from global marketing programs and systems, as well as “hand-raisers” resulting from outbound campaigns and/or calling. In addition to lead management, you will proactively pursue net-new business and account expansion within high-priority, target portfolio accounts. You will work closely with territory sales leaders and representatives to prioritize your time and activities to support the strategic growth of the territory portfolio. This position reports to the Vice President of Global Demand Generation
The Opportunity Manager role requires a candidate with strong initiative, drive to achieve personal and territory quotas, ability to work independently with flexibility and focus, strategic thinking, and excellent interpersonal communication skills: on the phone, via email, and in person. This role collaborates with sales partners and marketing peers across the organization, and provides critical “field level” feedback to the organization to constantly improve customer engagement.
The Opportunity Manager will be responsible to:
- Continuously learn and practice company's products and methodologies, in order to accurately represent the company while engaging potential buyers.
- Manage own time independently, maintaining high (measurable) levels of activity, and showing consistent results toward quarterly and annual pipeline goals.
- Track daily activities, including all external calls, emails, and meetings.
- Follow process and accurately track and manage CRM data, including contact ownership, contact details, notes, opportunity details and stage, lead source, campaign attribution, etc.
- Effectively leverage database and research tools to assist in engaging prospects and customers: Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, others.
- Use marketing-approved templates and content, while also being adept at personalizing or creating custom messaging to support lead management and outbound engagement.
- Drive participation in global or territory company events, including – but not limited to – Conferences, Sponsored Events, Webinars, Regional Events.
- Manage account focus and prioritization with sales leaders and reps, to ensure most effective teaming and account / portfolio pursuit.
- Role is measured through overall pipeline contribution and conversion against territory goals. Key metrics include activities, meetings scheduled / held, MQLs, SALs, SQLs.
Bachelor’s in Business, Communications, or Equivalent
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills: articulate, easily able to “connect” with others / personable, proactive, and responsive with a sense of urgency.
- Strong collaboration and time management skills.
- Comfort with warm-calling and cold-calling.
- Proficient with research / database tools and CRM (Salesforce.compreferred).
- Understands the value Social Media when engaging with customers, prospects, and in promotion of events and thought leadership.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment and work collaboratively with colleagues and staff.
- Ability to work independently in a results-oriented environment.
- Willingness to travel, 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a business, communications, or related subject.
- 3-5years of experience in B2B inside sales, business development, or related.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Salesforce.com CRM