Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Develops organization-wide architectures and methodologies for software systems design and development across multiple platforms and organizations within the Global Business Unit.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced development partner relationships for alignment with technology roadmap and business value; creates plans for integration and update into architecture.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members to set an example of software systems design and development innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 10+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Experience in building solutions from the ground up
- Proficient in multiple software development tools and languages, with a strong focus on programming with either C/C++, C#, Go, Rust, or ReactJS
- Experience with unit testing methodologies
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Some knowledge of the following technologies: VDI, Virtualization, WMI, COM, networking, gRPC, concurrency, databases, code optimization/performance testing
- Understanding of design for software applications running on multiple platform such as Windows, Linux, Chrome, and Android
- Understanding of Agile principles needed and experience working in tools like ADO or JIRA
- Experience developing responsive web applications using JS Frameworks, HTML5, CSS
- Experience with Electron type frameworks
- Hands on experience with Linux
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or k3s
HP offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance