The Lead Full Stack Engineer will serve as a team leader, problem solver, mentor, and expert software engineer. They are responsible for designing and developing technology solutions to support and enhance mission-critical business operations and products throughout the organization. This includes internal custom web applications and services, database development, and the integration of 3rd-party and vendor developed systems. The Lead Full Stack Engineer is responsible for the team’s technical growth and delivery including managing and mentoring a small number of junior- to mid-level engineers.
This position reports to the Director of Information Technology and Application Development.
- Collaborate with systems analysts, project managers, vendors, and internal clients to provide technical guidance for solutions.
- Analyze, evaluate, and recommend potential solutions, including custom, 3rd-Party, and vendor developed systems.
- Work with product owners and project managers to develop project schedules, allocate resources, set priorities, and interact with business clients and vendors.
- Manage and mentor a small team of cross-functional engineers including hiring, goal setting, code reviews, and performance reviews.
- Provide technical leadership to the engineering team and play a leading role in planning and achieving sprint goals.
- Deliver modern, testable, and maintainable application code.
- In collaboration with the Senior Architect, ensure consistency and compliance to architectural designs, provide architectural guidance to the development team.
- Contribute directly to the development, testing, and support of applications and processes.
- Develop & guide the engineering team in adoption of Audubon’s software engineering standards.
- Identify & propose emerging software engineering technologies, methodologies and/or approaches.
- Troubleshoot, reverse engineer, and redesign existing systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years designing and developing systems to support various business clients (Finance, HR, Payroll, Customer Service, etc.) and public facing systems.
- 3+ years experience mentoring and leading teams, with a focus on interpersonal and team collaboration skills.
- Azure and/or AWS experience.
- Experience with source control systems (Git, AWS Code Commit, MS Team Foundation Server…)
- Experience implementing application security, software design patterns, and the SDLC.
- Proven ability to positively influence the engineering culture and practices in a professional environment
- Professional and collaborative with a sense of ownership.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols and standards.
Qualifications and Experience (Preferred)
- Salesforce CRM with NPSP, Sales, and Service Cloud.
- Retail system integrations and development support.
- Informatica (Data Integration).
- .NET enhanced tools (DevExpress/Telerik).
- MSSQL Database administration (Replication, Disaster Recovery, Security).
- Non-Profit experience (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.)
- Educational or Professional design experience.