This is an opportunity to lead the development of our front-end web applications. This role will include working with our Product and Client teams to identify new functionality, making decisions about our front-end architecture, building out web applications using modern web technologies, and coordinating with back-end engineers to deploy features to our customers.
Within the first week you will:
- learn from our Client Success team how Elemeno is helping front-line healthcare teams,
- walk through our existing application architecture,
- review our product pipeline,
- design, implement, test, and deploy your first code change.
Within the first month you will:
- regularly deploy new features and fixes to our internal and external front-ends,
- take over ownership of front-end technical decisions and systems management,
- evaluate our current applications for possible enhancements and upgrades.
Within the first six months you will:
- hire a junior engineer to expand the front-end engineering team,
- successfully refactor/upgrade existing applications to ensure accessibility, performance and rapid development,
- ensure robust testing for our sites and services,
- work with the rest of the product and back-end engineering teams to map out future features and enhancements.
What we’re built in:
- Our front-end stack consists of React (CRA), GraphQL, webpack, babel, and Semantic UI.
- Our test and build processes also utilize Karma, Jest, ESLint, Prettier, and Storybook.
- Our back-end runs on AWS Lambda, Dynamo DB and S3.
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of professional experience building SPAs in a modern framework.
- Extensive knowledge of modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, ES6)
- Shipped a web application from scratch
- Implemented accessibility and cross-browser compatibility best practices
- Experience improving UX through an iterative process
- Some experience in AngularJS would be a bonus, as we complete our transition to React.
- Ideally, some full-stack / back-end experience with AWS or another cloud provider.
- Bay Area preferred, remote open in the US
- Family Friendly, looking for fit over expertise – culture/mission is a priority
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Equity